Saturday, February 23, 2008

#25 iHcpl- Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a pirates life....

Now had I taken that song from an album and put it on another CD, that would be piracy, especially if I was selling it for profit. I did burn the two songs I bought from Amazon onto a CD, along with some other music I had, and it too is a fairly easy process once you get the hang of it. I suppose it is stealing, to copy an artist's work, and they get cut out of the financial profit as well as most of the engineers or writers, musicians, or anyone else who had a hand in the production of a music CD. But, CD's are very expensive, and while I do not condone people copying others efforts for enjoyment, I can see why they do it. If some kind of compromise could be made within the music industry, perhaps there would not be so much piracy. I wonder if the 10% copyright rule works the same way with music as it does with the written word?

No comments: