Monday, March 1, 2010

# 80 Movies

Netflix is one the greatest inventions known to mankind! I have been with them for about a year, have had very few problems, get to see lots of the BBC series that I enjoy, and they come and go in a timely manner. I have not yet utilised the streaming to the computer option, time is a bit of a problem, a small monitor and an uncomfortable chair also add in to the unwillingness to view movies on my computer. However, the option is there, and I will no doubt use it at some point. I don't own a Wii, and I haven't been in a Blockbuster since I got Netflix. I have not had occasion to use the Redbox either, but know they are popular.

I did watch a bit of What's Eating Gilbert Grape streaming on Hulu, and was impressed with the picture and sound quality, and realising I needed to re-watch this movie. I took a look at TheAuters.com, and watched a scene from The Andulasian Dog, a film created by Salvador Dali and friend, which was disturbing in the extreme, but interesting. Apple Trailers was neat, but not something I would use. Internet Movie Database has been part of my world for a long time, for information, movie trailers and to settle Bar bets. Watched two trailers, Alice in Wonderland and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Making movies readily available is a marvelous thing, that almost anyone can enjoy, as long as they have a computer. In today's ecomomy anything to entertain and save a few bucks should be treasured.

No comments: