Friday, February 26, 2010

#79 Television

Ah yes. I remember the days when the screens were very small, and only black and white. The world was colorless but wholesome, and quite fascinating.It's hard to believe how much the world has changed in the 60 years or so since "The Tube" came into being, and how much "it" has changed our world.

I am not an avid TV watcher these days, too little time and really too little to watch that interests me. However, the article on Product Placement was fun, I knew they had done it for some time and most of the time it is not hard to notice. Still better then sitting through commercials. I checked out Hulu.com, watched some old clips from Sesame Street, looked for In Treatment, the HBO series, but they did not have whole episodes, only in small snatches. If I watched more TV, it would no doubt be quite useful. I liked Viewmy.tv, being able to catch up with the news anywhere in the world.

I can not imagine why anyone would want to watch TV on their cell phone, unless you are stuck in the Dr's office, and don't want to watch Fox News. The screen is just too small to be effective. However, I did find it fascinating that one could get an App to view Al Jazeera in English, and the BBC, according to Mashable. The sports App could come in handy if you are a fanatic, or are a news junkie and wish all news all the time. In short bursts, it would probably be usable, but not something I would in any way wish to have.

I have watched Youtube, as has everyone else on the plant, but have not desire to put videos on the Internet. My life is just too dull to try to make a movie out of it. It would end up being one of those boring documentaries that your science teacher made you watch.

No comments: