Thursday, October 15, 2009

#72 Pet Health Online.

I answered all the questions on CatAge, and in their opinion, my Emma is 22.7 years old in human time. I was quite pleased that she was such a young age. However, I may have messed up a bit. The question was asked, "can you feel your cats ribs?" and yes, of course I can do that. This question was about weight and shape. When I went home, I hugged Emma, and realised that I really can't feel her ribs unless I do more squishing, so I believe she is a bit on the chubby side. Will have to work on that. I was interested to learn that cats shouldn't have garlic, which made me grateful that Emma has no taste for Italian food, just a bit of watermelon on occasion.

I also read the articles and arguments on Spaying and Neutering with great interest. I have had many pets over the years, and all of them were "fixed", the procedure just makes for a better tempered animal, easier on you and them. I don't know how people can not get their pets neutered, its simply cruel not to. My Emma is a rescued cat, taken to the pound with her unwanted litter of kittens, the kittens were taken, she was not. Someone loved her once, but she was thrown away because her former owner wasnt responsible. They lost a wonderful animal. My gain.

No comments: